Lower abdomen discomfort can be transient or persistent. It can be a sign of mild or serious digestive system disorders such as gas, indigestion, constipation, colitis, diverticular disease, or appendicitis. Gynecologic diseases such as menstruation cramps or pregnancy may potentially be causes, as may urinary tract infections.
- Constipation and indigestion are two frequent diseases that can cause pressure in your stomach to build up.
- Indigestion is typically caused by an imbalance in the acid in your stomach, which can be uncomfortable.
- It is usually accompanied with the following: Indigestion may typically be alleviated by limiting the consumption of acidic foods and by using over-the-counter antacid medications such as:
- 1 What is lower abdominal pain?
- 2 What causes abdominal pain in the left side?
- 3 What are the most common causes of abdominal pain?
- 4 What is the most common cause of lower right abdominal pain?
- 5 What causes lower abdominal pain in females?
- 6 How do you relieve lower abdominal pain?
- 7 When should I be concerned about lower abdominal pain?
- 8 Can pain in lower abdomen be serious?
- 9 What kind of infection causes lower abdominal pain?
- 10 Can sperm cause abdominal pain?
- 11 Which tablet is best for abdominal pain?
- 12 What are the three types of abdominal pain?
- 13 How long does abdominal pain last?
- 14 What does serious abdominal pain feel like?
- 15 How do you know if something is wrong with your stomach?
- 16 How do I know if it’s gas or appendicitis?
- 17 Can gas cause pain in lower abdomen?
- 18 Can sitting cause lower abdominal pain?
- 19 How to get rid of lower abdominal pain?
- 20 What’s causing your severe lower abdominal pain?
- 21 Why do I wake up with abdominal pain every day?
What is lower abdominal pain?
It is any discomfort or uncomfortable sensation that occurs or rises in the abdomen at a level below the belly button or umbilicus that is classified as lower abdominal pain. Do you experience any discomfort here?
What causes abdominal pain in the left side?
Constipation or gas that produces short discomfort in the digestive tract are the most prevalent causes of abdominal pain on the left side. Sharp pains may be caused by kidney stones or the protrusion of weak sections of the abdominal wall, sometimes known as a hernia, which can cause severe discomfort.
What are the most common causes of abdominal pain?
What else you should know: IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) is one of the most frequent causes of stomach discomfort, and it affects women more than men. It’s also referred to as nervous stomach, irritable colon, or spastic colon, among other names.
What is the most common cause of lower right abdominal pain?
Appendicitis (appendicitis acuteis). Appendicitis is one of the most prevalent reasons of lower right abdomen pain in both men and women, and it can affect people of all ages and stages of life. Although appendicitis can occur at any age, it is more frequent in children and young adults between the ages of 10 and 30 years.
What causes lower abdominal pain in females?
Urinary tract infection (UTI) A urinary tract infection, often known as a water infection, can cause lower abdomen discomfort in women, as well as urinary symptoms such as burning when you pee and the need to go to the bathroom extremely frequently or urgently, among other things.
How do you relieve lower abdominal pain?
Follow your doctor’s instructions, however there are certain things you can do to assist alleviate the discomfort, such as:
- Place a hot water bottle or a warm wheat bag on your stomach to relieve the pain.
- Relax by soaking in a warm bath.
- Clear fluids such as water should be consumed in large quantities.
- Reduce your intake of caffeinated beverages such as coffee, tea, and alcoholic beverages, since they might exacerbate the discomfort.
When should I be concerned about lower abdominal pain?
Immediately consult your doctor if your stomach discomfort is severe, or if it is accompanied by any of the symptoms listed below. For many days, you may have nausea, fever, or the inability to keep food down. Stools that are bloody. Breathing becomes difficult.
Can pain in lower abdomen be serious?
Discomfort in the lower left abdomen can be caused by a variety of factors, some of which are benign, such as gas pain, and others which are more dangerous, such as an infection. It is recommended that those who are having persistent or chronic pain in the lower abdomen get medical assistance.
What kind of infection causes lower abdominal pain?
Women’s reproductive organs are infected with an illness known as pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). Most of the time, it is caused by a sexually transmitted illness. Stomach ache, lower abdominal pain, and vaginal discharge are all common symptoms.
Can sperm cause abdominal pain?
According to health professionals, because sperm is an irritant to the uterus, the uterus might respond when it comes into touch with sperms. As a result, uterine contractions may occur, resulting in stomach discomfort and cramping.
Which tablet is best for abdominal pain?
If you suffer diarrhea-induced cramps, drugs containing loperamide (Imodium) or bismuth subsalicylate (Kaopectate or Pepto-Bismol) may be able to alleviate your discomfort. Acetaminophen (Aspirin Free Anacin, Liquiprin, Panadol, Tylenol) may be beneficial for treating other forms of pain as well.
What are the three types of abdominal pain?
Viscosity, parietality, and transferred pain are the three primary forms of abdominal discomfort to be aware of.
How long does abdominal pain last?
The majority of stomach pains are not life-threatening and will subside within a few days.
What does serious abdominal pain feel like?
- What is stomach discomfort and how does it occur?
- If you are experiencing abdominal discomfort, it is possible that it is located anywhere between your chest and groin region of your body.
- Depending on where the pain is, it may be broad, localized, or feel like cramping in your stomach.
- If you are experiencing cramping or pain in your stomach, it might be caused by gas, bloating, or constipation.
How do you know if something is wrong with your stomach?
The most frequent signs and symptoms of a stomach virus include diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, and stomach discomfort. Despite the fact that it is referred to as the stomach flu, this virus has nothing to do with the flu. Other viruses, the most frequent of which being norovirus, are responsible for these symptoms. 7 Fever, headaches, and bodily pains are all possible signs of the infection.
How do I know if it’s gas or appendicitis?
When you have gas pain, it might feel like you have knots in your stomach. It’s possible that you’ll experience the sense that gas is flowing through your digestive tract. Gas pain, in contrast to appendicitis, which tends to generate discomfort that is limited to the lower right side of the abdomen, can be felt anywhere across the belly. You may possibly get discomfort in your upper chest.
Can gas cause pain in lower abdomen?
The following are signs or symptoms of gas or gas pains: burping. Taking a breather. A knotted feeling in your stomach, cramps, or pain in your lower back.
Can sitting cause lower abdominal pain?
Sitting in general causes the contents of your belly (which includes your digestive system) to compress, which causes digestion to be slowed, as previously stated. Excess bloating and gas, cramps, heartburn, and overall discomfort after eating are all caused by poor digestion, which health authorities say is a key cause of these symptoms.
How to get rid of lower abdominal pain?
- Stomach Pain Can Be Relieved by Drinking Chamomile Tea. Chamomile tea is well-known for its anti-inflammatory properties, particularly in the digestive tract.
- Ginger tea can be used as a stomach pain reliever. Ginger’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities help to neutralize excess acids in the stomach, which helps to relieve stomach pain.
- Using Hot Water Bottles to Relieve Stomach Pain
- Using Yogurt to Relieve Stomach Pain
What’s causing your severe lower abdominal pain?
Abdomen bloating and lower abdominal pain can be caused by a variety of factors, including swallowing too much air, eating high-fat foods that delay stomach emptying, and even stress. Constipation is one of the disorders that might produce these symptoms in the digestive tract and stomach area. In other cases, an intolerance to specific substances, such as lactose or gluten, might occur.
Why do I wake up with abdominal pain every day?
- Intestinal and stomach problems, as well as bloating Bloating can be caused by a variety of conditions, including illnesses and problems with the gastrointestinal (GI) system.
- Other medical issues as well as bloating are also present.
- Medications and gastric distress. Bloating may also occur as a side effect of some drugs that you are taking.