- 1 How do I choose a medical specialty?
- 2 What is the most useful medical specialty?
- 3 How do I choose a medical career?
- 4 Which doctor specialty is the easiest?
- 5 What is the hardest medical specialty to get into?
- 6 Which doctor specialty has the best lifestyle?
- 7 Who are the happiest doctors?
- 8 Who are the lowest paid doctors?
- 9 Who are the smartest doctors?
- 10 What is the easiest job in the medical field?
- 11 What is the best healthcare career?
- 12 What job is the least stressful?
- 13 What is the least stressful medical job?
- 14 What is the least popular medical specialty?
- 15 How old is the oldest medical student?
How do I choose a medical specialty?
How To Choose Your Medical Specialty
- Research the requirements for your specialty interest.
- Understand what kind of person each specialty needs.
- It’s hard to choose one out of thirty.
- Money matters, but so does the actual job.
- Be honest with yourself.
- You only choose once (or not).
- About Elad.
What is the most useful medical specialty?
Here, we list the top medical specialties with the biggest potential for development in the future.
- General practice. Many doctors choose this specialty today to make a long-term impact on someone’s life.
- Sports medicine and rehabilitation.
- Emergency Medicine.
How do I choose a medical career?
Here are the steps to take when choosing your medical specialty.
- Explore your options.
- Consider how you want to treat patients.
- Determine the work-life balance you want.
- Identify your strengths.
- Assess the patients with whom you enjoy interacting.
- Be open to different possibilities.
- Seek out a mentor.
Which doctor specialty is the easiest?
The following 6 medical specialties are those that ranked lowest, and are therefore the easiest to match into, relatively speaking. The 6 least competitive medical specialties are:
- Family Medicine.
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Emergency Medicine.
What is the hardest medical specialty to get into?
Competitive programs that are the most difficult to match into include:
- General Surgery.
- Orthopedic Surgery.
- Plastic Surgery.
- Radiation Oncology.
Which doctor specialty has the best lifestyle?
Top 10 Medical Specialities With The Best Lifestyle
- Clinical Immunology/Allergy.
- General/Clinical Pathology.
- Nephrology. A nephrologist treats diseases and infections of the kidneys and urinary system.
Who are the happiest doctors?
Medicine can be a stressful career, but some specialists are happier than others, both at work and outside of work. Here are the physicians with the highest self-esteem:
- Plastic Surgery: 73%
- Urology: 68%
- Ophthalmology; Diabetes & Endocrinology: 67%
- Orthopedics: 66%
- Nephrology: 65%
Who are the lowest paid doctors?
The 10 Lowest-Paid Specialties
- Pediatrics $221,000 (down 5%)
- Family Medicine $236,000 (up 1%)
- Public Health & Preventive Medicine $237,000 (up 2%)
- Diabetes & Endocrinology $245,000 (up 4%)
- Infectious Disease $245,000 (steady)
- Internal Medicine $248,000 (down 1%)
- Allergy & Immunology $274,000 (down 9%)
Who are the smartest doctors?
The Smartest Doctor in the World
- Eric Topol, M.D.
- Mike Cadogan, M.D.
- Berci Mesko, M.D.
- Pieter Kubben, M.D.
- Peter Diamantis, M.D.
- Cameron Powell, M.D.
- Iltifat Husain, M.D.
- Sumer Sethi, M.D.
What is the easiest job in the medical field?
How to Get into a Medical Career Easily
- Phlebotomy Technician. We’ll kick off this list of great jobs with a career in phlebotomy.
- Medical Transcriptionist.
- Physical Therapy Assistant.
- Nursing Assistant.
- Medical Secretary.
- Radiology Technician.
- Home Health Aide.
- Occupational Therapist Aide.
What is the best healthcare career?
Here are the best health care jobs of 2021:
- Physician Assistant.
- Nurse Practitioner.
- Speech-Language Pathologist.
What job is the least stressful?
16 low-stress jobs:
- Landscaper and Groundskeeper.
- Web Developer.
- Massage Therapist.
- Genetic Counselor.
- Wind Turbine Technician.
- Dental Hygienist.
- Mechanical Engineer.
What is the least stressful medical job?
7 High-Paying Medical Careers That Offer Low Stress
- Biomedical Engineer.
- Dental Hygienist.
- Ultrasound Technician.
- Radiologic Technologist.
- Dietitian or Nutritionist.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant.
- Physical Therapist Assistant.
What is the least popular medical specialty?
Though family medicine tops the list of the least competitive specialties, it still forms the bulk of preventive and routine care across the life spectrum. This specialty requires a three- to four-year residency, and you can choose subspecialties such as sports medicine, hospital medicine or geriatrics.
How old is the oldest medical student?
Atomic Leow was 66 years old when he graduated in 2015 as a Doctor of Medicine from University GT Popa of Medicine and Pharmacy in Iasi, Romania. Leow, who is originally from Singapore, is the oldest known medical student in the world.