- 1 What is the branch of medicine concerned with the aged and the aging process?
- 2 Which of the following is a branch of science that deals with the aged?
- 3 What are the branches of medical?
- 4 Which branch of medicine is concerned with diseases?
- 5 What branch of medicine is concerned with disorders of the blood?
- 6 What are the three main areas of gerontological study?
- 7 What is gerontology and its uses?
- 8 What are gerontological issues?
- 9 Which branch of doctor is best?
- 10 What branch of science is a surgeon?
- 11 What are the 4 categories of medicine?
- 12 Which branch is best after MBBS?
What is the branch of medicine concerned with the aged and the aging process?
Geriatrics. A branch of medicine practiced by a family physician or doctor of internal medicine who focuses on the aging process and the diagnostic, therapeutic, preventative and rehabilitative aspects of illness in the elderly.
Which of the following is a branch of science that deals with the aged?
Definition of Gerontology Gerontology is the study of aging and older adults. The science of gerontology has evolved as longevity has improved. Researchers in this field are diverse and are trained in areas such as physiology, social science, psychology, public health, and policy.
What are the branches of medical?
9 popular branches of Medicine
- Cardiology. This field deals with the diagnosis, assessment and treatment of ailments related to the heart.
- Otolaryngology (ENT)
- Emergency Medicine.
Which branch of medicine is concerned with diseases?
Pathology. The study of the essential nature of diseases and especially of the structural and functional changes produced by them.
What branch of medicine is concerned with disorders of the blood?
Hematology is a branch of internal medicine that deals with the physiology, pathology, etiology, diagnosis, treatment, prognosis and prevention of blood-related disorders.
What are the three main areas of gerontological study?
The problems of gerontology fall into four major categories: (1) social and economic problems precipitated by the increasing number of elderly people in the population, (2) psychological aspects of aging, which include intellectual performance and personal adjustment, (3) physiological bases of aging, along with
What is gerontology and its uses?
Gerontology is the study of the physical aspects of aging, as well as the mental, social and societal implications of aging. Gerontology can be a rewarding field, allowing you to practice a range of skills to improve the health of older adults.
What are gerontological issues?
Chronic diseases, like Parkinson’s or Alzheimer’s, impact the mental health of older adults. Depression or anxiety disorders are commonly experienced by the geriatric population. Alzheimer’s is the most common form of dementia.
Which branch of doctor is best?
Top 19 highest-paying doctor jobs
- Neurologist. National average salary: $237,309 per year.
- Orthodontist. National average salary: $259,163 per year.
- Anesthesiologist. National average salary: $328,526 per year.
- Cardiology physician. National average salary: $345,754 per year.
What branch of science is a surgeon?
surgery, branch of medicine that is concerned with the treatment of injuries, diseases, and other disorders by manual and instrumental means.
What are the 4 categories of medicine?
The 4 Categories of Medication
- General Sales List (GSL) GSLs are a type of medicine that have few legal restrictions.
- Pharmacy Medicines. Pharmacy Medicines are only available to purchase behind the counter at a pharmacy.
- Prescription Only Medicines.
- Controlled Drugs.
Which branch is best after MBBS?
Candidates who are Post Graduate Medical aspirants will find the Top 7 PG Medical Courses list useful.
- Forensic Medicine.
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology.