Doctors Who Specialize In Nerve Pain?

  1. For Sciatica treatment, what type of doctor should be used is important to consider. Doctor of the family. When it comes to simple compression of the sciatic nerve by lower back muscles or disks in the back, a family doctor can usually diagnose and treat the condition
  2. But, in certain circumstances, a specialist may be required.
  3. Orthopedic surgeons are those who specialize in orthopedics.
  4. Neurologist.
  5. Neurosurgeon.
  6. Chiropractor.

Neurologists are medical professionals that specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of illnesses of the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves, and muscles.

What kind of Doctor treats nerve damage?

Neurologists and neurosurgeons are two types of doctors that specialize in treating nerve injury. Neurologists and neurosurgeons diagnose and treat the same illnesses that impact the nervous system, while neurosurgeons are more likely to perform surgical procedures to bring comfort to their patients. These professionals diagnose and provide treatment for illnesses that affect the body.

What kind of pain can a neurologist treat?

Injuries and medical problems that limit your ability to move. In the absence of surgery, they can evaluate and treat pain caused by nerves, muscles, and bones such as carpal tunnel syndrome, neck and back pain, sports and work-related injuries, herniated discs, arthritis, pinched nerves, and concussions, among others. These doctors also provide post-operative pain management.

What kind of Doctor treats sciatica?

Different professionals approach sciatica in a variety of methods, depending on the underlying reason of your discomfort. The non-surgical treatment of sciatic nerve pain is provided by chiropractors, physical therapists, physiatrists, and pain management experts, who manipulate the body and may use drugs to relax the muscles and decrease inflammation.

You might be interested:  Often asked: Which Orthopedist At Mayo Clinic Performs Quadricep Sparing Total Knee Arthroplasy?

What is a physician specialist for back pain?

Physicians who specialize in a certain field.Physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R) doctors complete a four-year residency program following medical school, which is distinct from the training of orthopaedic surgeons, spine surgeons, and neurosurgeons.They are not surgeons, but they receive extensive training in the treatment of spinal diseases.These specialists might specialize in nonsurgical treatment of the back and other joint pain conditions.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *