It is possible that pain under the right breast is caused by an inflamed pancreas. The cause of this condition might be an infection, gallstones, a blockage, certain drugs, high triglyceride levels, or excessive alcohol usage, among others. The discomfort may be a subtle ache or it may be excruciatingly painful and radiate from the location to the back or chest.
The following are some of the potential reasons of this pain: injuries, infections, muscular strain, inflammation, and gastrointestinal problems. Discomfort beneath the right breast is commonly caused by a strain or an injury, and the pain normally subsides on its own within a few days.
- 1 What does it mean when your right side of breast hurts?
- 2 Why does my chest hurt on my right side?
- 3 Why does my breast hurt when I pull a muscle?
- 4 Which organ is under the right breast?
- 5 What does right sided chest pain mean?
- 6 Can acid reflux cause pain under right breast?
- 7 What muscle is under right breast?
- 8 Is right side chest pain serious?
- 9 When should I be worried about right side pain?
- 10 What should I do if my right side of my chest hurts?
- 11 What causes pain in rib cage under breast?
- 12 Can gallbladder cause pain under right breast?
- 13 Can you pull a muscle under your right breast?
- 14 Can anxiety cause pain under right breast?
- 15 Can hiatal hernia cause pain under right rib cage?
What does it mean when your right side of breast hurts?
- Pleurisy is an inflammation of the lining of your chest, which is located outside of your lungs, that causes pain and discomfort.
- If you have a problem with your right lung, you will have pain on the right side of your breast.
- Some of the other symptoms include broad chest discomfort as well as pain that gets worse when you take big breaths.
- It is possible that you will take short breaths in order to prevent aggravating the pain.
Why does my chest hurt on my right side?
- In truth, chest pain on the right side of the body is not always the result of a coronary artery disease.
- It is possible that other organs and tissues in your chest are inflamed or wounded, leading you to experience discomfort.
- Any aches and pains you are experiencing are most likely caused by muscular strain, infection, stress or worry, or other problems that are not connected to your heart.
Why does my breast hurt when I pull a muscle?
- In the case of pulling a biceps muscle in the chest, for example, discomfort in the chest wall or rib cage may radiate (spread) to the breast.
- Arthritis that affects the cartilage in the chest, also known as costochondritis, can be extremely painful and impair movement.
- When should you visit the doctor?
- Make an appointment with your doctor if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
Which organ is under the right breast?
The pancreas, right kidney, gallbladder, liver, and intestines are all located in the right upper quadrant (RUQ) of the body. There may be an underlying health problem affecting one of these organs or the surrounding tissues if you have pain behind your ribcage in this location.
What does right sided chest pain mean?
Right sided chest discomfort, on the other hand, might be indicative of a medical issue that requires care. An injury, acid reflux, a heart or lung disease, and an infection, such as pneumonia, are all possibilities for the etiology of this condition. Some causes of right sided chest discomfort, such as muscular strain, resolve on their own within a few days without medical intervention.
Can acid reflux cause pain under right breast?
You may be experiencing discomfort beneath your right breast that is impacting your chest rather to just your breast. This might be caused by another ailment such as indigestion or a gall bladder infection. In some cases, acid refluxes might create a burning feeling on the right side of your chest as a result of indigestion.
What muscle is under right breast?
The pectoralis minor is a muscle that is found beneath the pectoralis major. This slender triangle-shaped muscle travels up and down the top rib cage, up and down the back of the rib cage.
Is right side chest pain serious?
- When is it necessary to seek emergency medical treatment?
- If you have any discomfort on your right side, it is highly unlikely that it is connected to your heart.
- However, you should seek medical assistance as soon as possible if you have any of the following symptoms: having significant chest discomfort that came on suddenly and without warning Pressure, squeezing, or fullness in your chest are all possible sensations.
When should I be worried about right side pain?
Pain on the right side of the abdomen is usually not significant and is usually merely an indication of gas buildup in the intestines, according to the American College of Physicians. However, if the pain is severe or lasts for an extended period of time, it should be taken seriously since it might suggest a serious health condition such as appendicitis or gallbladder stones.
What should I do if my right side of my chest hurts?
If the discomfort or pressure on the right side of your chest is accompanied by any of the following symptoms: sudden, severe stomach pain, call 911 or seek immediate medical attention. An abdomen that is stiff or painful. Vomiting blood is a medical condition.
What causes pain in rib cage under breast?
- What Is the Cause of Costochondritis?
- Costochondritis is an inflammation of the joints where your upper ribs connect with the cartilage that connects them to your breastbone, causing them to bulge out.
- Costochondral junctions are the places where these two bones meet.
- The illness produces chest discomfort, but it is normally innocuous and goes away on its own without the need for medical intervention.
Can gallbladder cause pain under right breast?
The most typical gallbladder symptom is discomfort or soreness in the abdomen, which may come immediately after eating or after drinking. Symptoms of this discomfort include epigastric pain immediately below the breastbone, nonspecific abdominal pain, upper right side abdominal pain, and pain that extends across the right rib cage and into the lower back.
Can you pull a muscle under your right breast?
Here’s how we went about it. You may have intense discomfort in your chest if your chest muscle is stretched or torn. When your muscle is strained or ripped, you will experience a muscular strain or pull. Chest discomfort can be caused by intercostal muscular tension, which accounts for up to 49% of all cases.
Can anxiety cause pain under right breast?
Stress, worry, and breast discomfort are all factors to consider. Breast discomfort can occur when you are experiencing high levels of worry, pressure, and stress in a short period of time.
Can hiatal hernia cause pain under right rib cage?
Cramping can occur in the chest, upper back, diaphragm, and below the ribs, and it might feel like a cramp. Cramping can also occur during or after meals. In the event that you have one or more of these symptoms, you may be suffering from a hiatal hernia.