Skip to content
- What you should be aware of The colon, the biliary system, and the ureteric system are the three primary origins of colicky stomach discomfort (which comes and goes in waves).
- Those suffering from irritable bowel syndrome or acute gastroenteritis are more likely to experience waves of stomach discomfort that come and go.
- Gall bladder waves of pain persist longer and are more powerful (they are frequently caused by a stone in the gallbladder
- However, they can also be caused by other causes).
Do kidney stones come and go in waves?
- As the ureters contract in an attempt to force the kidney stone out, the pain often comes and goes in waves, which is exacerbated by the contractions.
- Kidney stones are known to produce excruciating pain that comes and goes multiple times a day, according to medical experts.
- It is possible that symptoms of kidney stones will not arise until the stone has begun to migrate down the ureter.
- What exactly are kidneys?