- 1 What doctor deals with hip pain?
- 2 Who is the best hip surgeon in the world?
- 3 How do I find a good hip surgeon?
- 4 Does walking help hip pain?
- 5 How do I know if my hip pain is serious?
- 6 Can you wait too long to have hip replacement?
- 7 Which hospital is best for orthopedic surgery?
- 8 What is the success rate of a hip replacement?
- 9 What type of doctor replaces hips?
- 10 What should I ask my hip surgeon?
- 11 What is the alternative to hip replacement surgery?
- 12 What is the fastest way to relieve hip pain?
- 13 What helps hip pain while sleeping?
- 14 What is the best exercise for hip pain?
What doctor deals with hip pain?
For milder cases of hip pain that linger over the course of weeks, you should consult your primary care provider or an orthopedic physician to receive a diagnosis and obtain treatment options.
Who is the best hip surgeon in the world?
Richard A. Berger, 55, is the only surgeon in the world to perform over 10,000 minimally invasive outpatient joint replacement surgeries.
How do I find a good hip surgeon?
Here are important factors to keep in mind.
- Get Referrals.
- Research the Orthopedic Surgeon’s Credentials.
- Consider the Orthopedic Surgeon’s Experience.
- Consider Gender.
- Research Hospital Quality.
- Evaluate Communication Style.
- Read Patient Reviews.
- Know What Your Insurance Covers.
Does walking help hip pain?
Walking is the best way to begin the transition from inactivity to activity—even if you have arthritis in a weight-bearing joint like your knee or hip. Walking is a low-impact activity that can help relieve arthritis pain, stiffness, and swelling, but that’s not the only reason walking can be a great form of exercise.
How do I know if my hip pain is serious?
Seek immediate medical attention
- A joint that appears deformed.
- Inability to move your leg or hip.
- Inability to bear weight on the affected leg.
- Intense pain.
- Sudden swelling.
- Any signs of infection (fever, chills, redness)
Can you wait too long to have hip replacement?
If you wait too long, the surgery will be less effective. As your joint continues to deteriorate and your mobility becomes less and less, your health will worsen as well (think weight gain, poor cardiovascular health, etc.) Patients who go into surgery healthier tend to have better outcomes.
Which hospital is best for orthopedic surgery?
List of best orthopedic hospitals in India is as follows:
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Delhi.
- Hosmat Hospital, Bangalore.
- Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai.
- Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket, Delhi.
- Apollo Hospital, Jayanagar, Bangalore.
- Moolchand Medcity, Delhi.
- Nanavati Hospital, Mumbai.
- Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon.
What is the success rate of a hip replacement?
The success rate for this surgery is high, with greater than 95% of patients experiencing relief from hip pain. The success rate of hip replacements 10 years after surgery is 90- 95% and at 20 years 80-85%. Should an implant wear or loosen, revision to a new hip replacement is possible.
What type of doctor replaces hips?
If you plan to have hip replacement surgery, you’ll want a highly qualified orthopedic surgeon to perform the procedure.
What should I ask my hip surgeon?
Hip or knee replacement – before – what to ask your doctor
- How well does this surgery work for someone my age and with any of the medical problems I may have?
- Will I be able to walk without pain? How far?
- Will I be able to do other activities, such as golf, swimming, tennis, or hiking? When can I do them?
What is the alternative to hip replacement surgery?
But now, orthopedic surgeons are employing a new, easier alternative called subchondroplasty, in which a damaged hip is strengthened by injecting a cement-like material.
What is the fastest way to relieve hip pain?
Another way to relieve hip pain is by holding ice to the area for about 15 minutes a few times a day. Try to rest the affected joint as much as possible until you feel better. You may also try heating the area. A warm bath or shower can help ready your muscle for stretching exercises that can lessen pain.
What helps hip pain while sleeping?
Managing hip pain at night
- Change your sleeping position. Keep experimenting to find the most pain -reducing position.
- Place wedge-shaped pillows under your hip to provide cushioning.
- Sleep with a pillow between your knees to reduce stress across your hips.
- Put one or more pillows under your knees.
What is the best exercise for hip pain?
Exercises and stretches for hip pain
- Knee lift.
- External hip rotation.
- Double hip rotation.
- Hip and lower back stretch.
- Hip flexion.
- Hip extension.
- Hip abduction.