- 1 What causes painful legs and feet?
- 2 How do you fix leg and foot pain?
- 3 Can Foot problems cause leg pain?
- 4 How do I know if my leg pain is serious?
- 5 Can leg pain be a sign of heart problems?
- 6 What are the signs of clogged arteries in your legs?
- 7 Is left leg pain a sign of a heart attack?
- 8 Is pain in your feet a sign of diabetes?
- 9 Why do I have a dull ache in my leg?
- 10 What helps nerve pain in legs?
- 11 Why do my hips legs and feet ache?
- 12 What does sciatica pain in foot feel like?
- 13 How do you get rid of leg pain fast?
- 14 When should you go to the doctor for leg pain?
- 15 What do blood clots in legs feel like?
What causes painful legs and feet?
Most leg pain results from wear and tear, overuse, or injuries in joints or bones or in muscles, ligaments, tendons or other soft tissues. Some types of leg pain can be traced to problems in your lower spine. Leg pain can also be caused by blood clots, varicose veins or poor circulation.
How do you fix leg and foot pain?
Rest your leg as much as possible, and elevate your leg with pillows. Take an over-the-counter pain reliever, such as aspirin or ibuprofen, to help ease discomfort as your leg heals. Wear compression socks or stockings with support.
Can Foot problems cause leg pain?
Your feet are connected to your legs by tendons and ligaments, some of which connect the arch of your foot to the back of your calf. Problems with your feet can affect your lower legs because of this, but the way you walk may also play a part.
How do I know if my leg pain is serious?
Call for immediate medical help or go to an emergency room if you:
- Have a leg injury with a deep cut or exposed bone or tendon.
- Are unable to walk or put weight on your leg.
- Have pain, swelling, redness or warmth in your calf.
- Hear a popping or grinding sound at the time of a leg injury.
Can leg pain be a sign of heart problems?
Sometimes, leg pain can indicate that a person is at risk of developing heart disease. Peripheral artery disease (PAD) occurs when the peripheral arteries become narrow, and fatty deposits start to build up.
What are the signs of clogged arteries in your legs?
“But claudication is an indication that narrowed arteries may be reducing blood flow to the legs.” Other signs of poor blood flow in the lower limbs include loss of leg hair and foot ulcers that don’t heal. Tell your doctor if you have fatigue or cramping in the calf, thigh or hip when walking.
Is left leg pain a sign of a heart attack?
When it does, it’s called peripheral arterial disease, or PAD. And in some people, PAD causes leg pain that acts as an ‘early warning’ that someone is at high risk for a heart attack or a stroke, says a University of Michigan Cardiovascular Center expert.
Is pain in your feet a sign of diabetes?
High blood sugar can cause diabetic neuropathy, which damages the nerves that send signals from your hands and feet. Diabetic neuropathy can cause numbness or tingling in your fingers, toes, hands, and feet. Another symptom is a burning, sharp, or aching pain ( diabetic nerve pain ).
Why do I have a dull ache in my leg?
Muscle strains, tendonitis, and shin splints Injuries to the muscles, such as muscle strains when muscle fibres tear, are a common cause of leg pain. The muscles in the leg commonly affected are quadriceps, hamstrings and calves. Sports injuries are a common cause of muscle injuries.
What helps nerve pain in legs?
Ten home remedies for a pinched nerve
- Extra sleep and rest. Sleep is essential for a healing nerve.
- Change of posture. A pinched nerve may be caused by or made worse by poor posture.
- Ergonomic workstation.
- Pain relieving medications.
- Stretching and yoga.
- Massage or physical therapy.
- Elevate the legs.
Why do my hips legs and feet ache?
Hip and leg pain are often the result of injury, overuse, or wear and tear over time. Many treatment options focus on resting the affected area and managing pain, but others may require additional medical attention.
What does sciatica pain in foot feel like?
Sciatica pain is typically felt like a constant burning sensation or a shooting pain starting in the lower back or buttock and radiating down the front or back of the thigh and leg and/or feet. Numbness. Sciatica pain may be accompanied by numbness in the back of the leg.
How do you get rid of leg pain fast?
If you have leg pain from cramps or overuse, take these steps first:
- Rest as much as possible.
- Elevate your leg.
- Apply ice for up to 15 minutes. Do this 4 times per day, more often for the first few days.
- Gently stretch and massage cramping muscles.
- Take over-the-counter pain medicines like acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
When should you go to the doctor for leg pain?
See your doctor as soon as possible if you have: Signs of infection, such as redness, warmth or tenderness, or you have a fever greater than100 F (37.8 C) A leg that is swollen, pale or unusually cool. Calf pain, particularly after prolonged sitting, such as on a long car trip or plane ride.
What do blood clots in legs feel like?
A blood clot in a leg vein may cause pain, warmth and tenderness in the affected area. Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) occurs when a blood clot (thrombus) forms in one or more of the deep veins in your body, usually in your legs. Deep vein thrombosis can cause leg pain or swelling but also can occur with no symptoms.