- 1 What is a valid medical certificate?
- 2 What must a medical certificate include?
- 3 What is the procedure for medical certificate?
- 4 Who can issue medical certificate?
- 5 How long is a medical certificate valid?
- 6 What is the 8 week rule?
- 7 Is a doctor’s note a medical certificate?
- 8 Can I get a medical certificate online?
What is a valid medical certificate?
In order to be considered valid, documentation of a medical certificate must include: Being in the form of an official, original & hard copy document. The name and address of the practitioner issuing the certificate clearly stated. Date the certificate is written and signed by the practitioner.
What must a medical certificate include?
- the name, address and qualification of the practitioner;
- the name of the patient;
- the employment number of the patient (if applicable);
- the date and time of the examination;
What is the procedure for medical certificate?
Documents needed to get Medical Certificate Attested
- 2 recent Passport size photographs.
- Original Passport.
- Passport Photocopy with the relevant pages including residence visa page.
- Letter from a reputed Indian hospital or medical center.
- Valid medical certificates from a known hospital.
Who can issue medical certificate?
Note: Medical certificate granted by a qualified medical practitioner holding at least M.B.B.S. Degree and registered with Medical Council of India, shall only be valid. The date of issue of the medical certificate should be within one year from the date of application.
How long is a medical certificate valid?
The competent authority will have established national requirements for the medical examination and certificate. FS/PS Guidelines – Medical certificates are valid for a maximum period of two years for persons older than 18 years. For persons younger than 18 years the validity shall not exceed one year.
What is the 8 week rule?
the 8-week shall be a calendar period and shall commence on the first day of an employee’s absence due to sickness or injury. Any subsequent day of absence due to sickness or injury after the above-mentioned period must then be regarded as the first day of the next 8-week period.
Is a doctor’s note a medical certificate?
A medical certificate or doctor’s certificate is a written statement from a physician or another medically qualified health care provider which attests to the result of a medical examination of a patient. It can serve as a sick note (documentation that an employee is unfit for work) or evidence of a health condition.
Can I get a medical certificate online?
People will no longer have to queue to collect their health fitness certificates for residence visa applications. People will no longer have to queue to collect their health fitness certificates for residence visa applications.