- 1 What is the medical representative role?
- 2 What are the 5 main qualities a medical representative should have?
- 3 How can I become a medical representative?
- 4 What is medical representative interview questions?
- 5 How can I be successful in medical sales?
- 6 Why is medical sales a good career?
- 7 What is age limit for medical representative?
- 8 How do I get a job in medical sales?
- 9 What is a medical sales rep salary?
- 10 How many hours do medical sales reps work?
- 11 What are your weaknesses?
- 12 Why do you want this job?
- 13 What is the answer for how much salary do you expect?
What is the medical representative role?
Medical representatives specialize in one area and make the health professionals prescribe the particular product of their company. Their job is to promote the existing medicine to the doctors, pharmacists, and chemists. They discuss the clinical usage, dosages, etc. with the pharmacists and doctors.
What are the 5 main qualities a medical representative should have?
Role of Medical Representative: Skills Required
- Proficient in usage of computer software and tools, especially MS Office suite [Word, PowerPoint and Excel]
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Awareness of recent developments.
- Flexible and adaptable to challenges.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Time management skills.
How can I become a medical representative?
How to become a medical representative
- Earn a degree. Most medical representatives have a bachelor’s degree in biology, pharmacy, nursing, life sciences and other related fields.
- Choose a specialisation.
- Enrol in a certification.
- Develop your skills.
- Get field experience.
- Complete training.
- Grow your network.
What is medical representative interview questions?
Medical Representative Interview Questions 2019
- Get to know about the company.
- Get to know the panel members.
- Tailor your job description.
- By heart your CV.
- Create your own professional story.
- Practice your delivery.
- Be optimistic.
- Watch your body language.
How can I be successful in medical sales?
4 tips to help you become a successful medical sales rep
- Focus on relationship building.
- Be an expert on your client’s product.
- Welcome feedback.
- Create a data-driven approach.
- Bring your medical sales rep career to IQVIA.
Why is medical sales a good career?
As one respondent explains it, “The medical sales profession provides an opportunity to build a business within your territory. It allows you to develop relationships and to provide consultation and value to your customers. It affords the opportunity to make a difference in patients’ lives.
What is age limit for medical representative?
Most of pharmaceutical companies prefer to appoint medical representatives at age limit 23-27 years. Some companies allow age limit of 23 years, some 24 and some 27.
How do I get a job in medical sales?
How to become a medical sales representative
- Pursue an education. Medical sales representatives need at least a high school diploma or its equivalent, but most have bachelor’s degrees.
- Consider earning certifications.
- Choose a specialization.
- Gain field experience.
- Complete training.
- Grow an online presence.
What is a medical sales rep salary?
You’re likely already aware of the high earning potential of medical sales. In fact, according to MedReps most recent research, average total compensation for medical sales reps is $149,544 — with an average base of $92,698 and an average bonus of $63,318.
How many hours do medical sales reps work?
However, medical device sales representatives have poor work-life balance with extensive travel to meet with clients. The majority works beyond 40 hours per week in a stressful, high-pressure environment where satisfying quotas is paramount.
What are your weaknesses?
Examples of weaknesses on the job
- Inexperience with specific software or a non-essential skill.
- Tendency to take on too much responsibility.
- Nervousness about public speaking.
- Hesitancy about delegating tasks.
- Discomfort taking big risks.
- Impatience with bureaucracies.
Why do you want this job?
“In my career, I am sure of one thing and that is I want to build a decent career in my current domain. My present job has shown me the path to move and attain what has been my long-term career objective. I have acquired necessary skills to some extent as well as have got accustomed to the corporate way of working.
What is the answer for how much salary do you expect?
You can try to skirt the question with a broad answer, such as, “ My salary expectations are in line with my experience and qualifications.” Or, “If this is the right job for me, I’m sure we can come to an agreement on salary.” This will show that you’re willing to negotiate. Offer a range.