- 1 What is the medical name for as?
- 2 What are the abbreviations for medical terms?
- 3 What does the term mean in medical terms?
- 4 What does as desired mean in medical terms?
- 5 What does S p mean in nursing?
- 6 What does R mean in medical terms?
- 7 What is T C in medical term?
- 8 What does Rx mean?
- 9 What are the most common medical abbreviations?
- 10 What is medical terminology class in high school?
- 11 What does Asst stand for?
What is the medical name for as?
Abbreviation for auris sinistra [L.], left ear.
What are the abbreviations for medical terms?
A – Medical abbreviations
- a.c.: Before meals. As in taking a medicine before meals.
- a/g ratio: Albumin to globulin ratio.
- ACL: Anterior cruciate ligament.
- Ad lib: At liberty.
- AFR: Acute renal failure.
- ADHD: Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- ADR: Adverse drug reaction.
- AIDS: Acquired immune deficiency syndrome.
What does the term mean in medical terms?
[term] 1. a definite period, especially the period of gestation, or pregnancy. 2.
What does as desired mean in medical terms?
ADL—activities of daily living. ad lib —as desired. adm—admission. afeb—afebrile, no fever.
What does S p mean in nursing?
s/p. status post; condition after ”
What does R mean in medical terms?
R (symbol): This much-used symbol has many meanings in medicine. They include: Respiration: a nurse’s note of “R20” is shorthand for 20 respirations (breaths) per minute. Right: A doctor’s note of a burn on the “R digit 5” places the burn on the right little finger or toe.
What is T C in medical term?
transitional care, see there. treated/control.
What does Rx mean?
Rx: A medical prescription. The symbol “Rx” is usually said to stand for the Latin word “recipe” meaning “to take.” It is customarily part of the superscription (heading) of a prescription.
What are the most common medical abbreviations?
Common Medical Abbreviations List Center
- ANED: Alive no evidence of disease.
- ARF: Acute renal (kidney) failure.
- cap: Capsule.
- CPAP: Continuous positive airway pressure.
- DJD: Degenerative joint disease.
- DM: Diabetes mellitus.
- HA: Headache.
- IBD: Inflammatory bowel disease.
What is medical terminology class in high school?
Course Description: Medical Terminology is a one-semester course that helps students understand the Greek- and Latin-based language of medicine and healthcare. Emphasis is placed upon word roots, suffixes, prefixes, abbreviations, symbols, anatomical terms, and terms associated with movements of the human body.
What does Asst stand for?
Asst. is an abbreviation for assistant.