- 1 Where can I publish my medical articles?
- 2 How much does it cost to publish in a medical journal?
- 3 How do I start a medical publication?
- 4 Where can I publish my article for free?
- 5 Do all journals charge to publish?
- 6 Do scientists pay to publish?
- 7 How much does it cost to publish a paper in Elsevier?
- 8 What publications do doctors read?
- 9 Who writes BMJ?
- 10 How do you publish a scholarly article?
- 11 Can I publish my research paper in journals free of cost?
- 12 What are the free journals?
Where can I publish my medical articles?
- The American Medical Student Research Journal.
- The British Student Doctor Journal.
- The Einstein Journal of Biology and Medicine.
- Harvard Medical Student Review.
- Harvard Public Health Review.
- International Journal of Medical Students.
- Pulse Voices.
- Student BMJ.
How much does it cost to publish in a medical journal?
Estimating the final cost of publication per paper based upon revenue generated and the total number of published articles, they estimate that the average cost to publish an article is around $3500 to $4000.
How do I start a medical publication?
Whatever the focus of your journal, the steps for setting one up are similar.
- Identify the gap.
- Build a website that will home your journal.
- Set up an editorial board.
- Involve associate editors who can provide support.
- Call for papers.
- Manage your submissions.
- Copy-edit and type-set your articles.
Where can I publish my article for free?
You can publish articles online right now
- Medium. Medium is a very popular free publishing site where you can share your writing.
- Linkedin Articles. You are probably already on Linkedin.
- EzineArticles. EzineArticles has been around for a very long time.
- Article Alley.
- PUB HTML5.
Do all journals charge to publish?
No regular standard journal charges nothing unless color printing of figures and reprints are opted. Many journals offer an option to keep the article open access which may cost around USD3000. There are many high impact journals with no publication charges.
Do scientists pay to publish?
Scientists get paid to publish in other countries, too. A recent article in Science magazine showed cash bonuses in many countries. Institutions in Qatar, Taiwan, Oman, and the United States all pay researchers for publications. In some countries, cash bonuses are over $5,000; however, China pays the most.
How much does it cost to publish a paper in Elsevier?
Elsevier’s APC prices are set on a per journal basis, fees range between c$150 and c$9900 US Dollars, excluding tax, with prices clearly displayed on our APC price list and on journal homepages. Adjustments in Elsevier’s APC prices are under regular review and are subject to change.
What publications do doctors read?
5 Must-Read Medical Publications For Doctors
- PubMed. PubMed, a medical website from the US National Library of Medicine, provides doctors with abstracts and full articles on various medical topics.
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Practice Builders’ Blog.
Who writes BMJ?
The BMJ is a weekly peer-reviewed medical trade journal, published by the trade union the British Medical Association (BMA).
How do you publish a scholarly article?
How to Get Published in an Academic Journal
- Give yourself enough time.
- Ask for help.
- Target the right journal.
- Follow instructions.
- Accept and embrace criticism.
- Be Patient.
Can I publish my research paper in journals free of cost?
The straightforward answer is yes, you can publish articles for free. In that case, costs of publishing will be paid by subscriptions, i.e. universities, institutions, etc. who want to read that journal.
What are the free journals?
The Top 21 Free Online Journal and Research Databases
- CORE. CORE is a multidisciplinary aggregator of open access research.
- Directory of Open Access Journals.
- Education Resources Information Center.
- arXiv e-Print Archive.
- Social Science Research Network.
- Public Library of Science.